Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Monday, January 16, 2012

A wonderful productive day

Hello everyone!  I decided that if I ever had the option of a 4-day work week I would rather have Mondays off than Fridays.  The entire weekend was relaxed knowing that I had today off too.  I got so much done in the kitchen today - and it was so relaxing - not like my usual Sundays where I feel so under the gun to get everything done.  Today I made the Italian soup - I didn't care for it as much as my own soup, but I don't blame the recipe: I had bought crushed tomatoes by mistake when it called for diced, and so the strong tomato taste was over the top.  I could have tried to thin it with more broth, but then all the other flavors would have been diluted.  Note to self: There IS a difference between crushed and diced!

Then I made my breakfast casserole.  It was supposed to soak overnight, but I baked it along with my chicken for dinner, and it came out just fine.  Then I did bake my chicken, prepare a huge salad which I divided between what I'll take for lunch tomorrow and what I had for dinner tonight.  I packed four bags of Ziplock steamer bags as well as one with yellow turnips.  I made 8 containers of the dry ingredients needed for my 1-minute muffins.  I am going to make one tomorrow chock-full of fresh blueberries that I got at Trader Joe's yesterday.  I have a sliced banana in the freezer for banana soft-serve "ice cream" later.

I also had a great chat today at Blog to Lose - a great place to visit.  Wonderful support, and now they have started with scheduled chats.  I left chat all re-inspired to stay on program, along with some great tips (including the reminder about the banana soft-serve, which I had forgotten all about!).

On the exercise front - I did absolutely NOTHING.  But I suppose that's allowed :) .  Once in a while....

One of the tips I got from chat today was to post my next day's meals on a white board on the fridge (which I happen to have!).  What I liked about doing that was not the posting itself, but it really forced me to sit for a few quiet minutes after dinner to think about what I would like to have tomorrow.  As I mentioned in yesterday's post I have almost TOO many choices in this house - and of course I would like to eat it - all at once!  So planning out the day is a good way to make sure I allow myself everything that I enjoy eating.

Stay warm (it's a virtual heatwave here - it's up to 28 degrees!) --

Miriam

4 comments:

  1. dear, can you stop by here and get me more organized in the kitchen?!! It is 40* here and dropping. Snow tonmorrow.....

    keep on keeping on....we will make it to our goal, whatever they might be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was -9 this morning. I did some cooking yesterday. Today was just a lazy day for me...besides taking my baby, er I mean, my car for repair. ;) Glad the blogging and chatting are working for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder where that invisible line is, where a yellow turnip in the north, becomes a rutabaga in the south?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that there was such a difference between diced and crushed tomatoes. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete