Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Days 6 and 7: I can do it!

Okay I'm ready to move on.  Day 6 is "Protect your Program" and Day 7 is "I can do it!"  Right now, as we "speak" I am protecting my program.  I have a group support meeting at my mother's nursing home at 5:30, which means a late arrival home and as I always eat dinner as soon as walking through the door, I saved my mug of vegetable soup from lunch and am having it now (4:30PM).  I also have an apple for the car ride home from the nursing home.  They have yummy (so I'm told) cookies at these meetings, but I've already decided I am not even looking at them when I walk through the door. First of all, I won't be hungry and second of all - calculating whether or not I can have them is moot now that I'm not doing calories or Points.  I'm not going to have cookies just because I am not going to have cookies.  I also have dinner waiting for me at home!

Day 7 is "I can do it" - As I mentioned in my earlier Day 7 blog I made little flashcards with the following I CAN DO IT statements:

1. I can do it.
2. I am totally determined.
3. I am using a great weight-loss plan.
4. I am capable of accomplishing anything.
5. Others have done it and so can I.
6. I've done it before and I can do it again.

I think these were directly from the book, but then I added in my own workbook: "I can do it BECAUSE:
1. I'm smart.
2. I'm a good cook.
3. I'm a good planner.
4. I want it.
5. I've done it before and I can do it again.

It's been a while since I've taken out my flashcards.  Now that I am really doing this 100-Days program I can see it's not just passive reading.  I have to work with my "magic notebook", I have to read my "I Can Do It" flashcards, and do whatever else is called for.  This blog is my journal so if I stay true to posting, at least I have this piece of the puzzle.  I'm wondering, though, if I have to keep repeating Days 1-7 before moving on... I'll see what tomorrow brings.

24-hours TAB free and surviving!

Miriam

2 comments:

  1. TAB-free! what?! are you getting the shakes?? just kidding... :)

    anyway, have been reading your blog and it made me think...have you ever seen a movie called 'fat, sick, and nearly dead'? It's really good, George got me to watch it, and I got my parents to watch it. It's pretty entertaining, and it got me eating vegetables like they're going out of style. (and we bought a juicer and love it.) miss you! can't wait for italy!! (though I hope I see you sooner than that...)

    -Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great plan you had in place!

    ReplyDelete