Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 7 of 100: I CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Well I made it to sleep yesterday without any snack eating.  I had my own nice dinner and that was that.  I fell asleep as the boys were cheering on the Giants in overtime.  My poor cat was rolled up in a ball under my bed all night! 

Today's lesson is:  I CAN DO IT.  Actually, when I had reached this day before (my notebook says November 20th) I put the following statements on business-sized cards and made several copies:
1. I can do it.
2. I am totally determined.
3. I am using a great weight-loss plan.
4. I am capable of accomplishing anything.
5. Others have done it and so can I.
6. I've done it before and I can do it again.

I think these were directly from the book, but then I added in my own workbook: "I can do it BECAUSE:
1. I'm smart.
2. I'm a good cook.
3. I'm a good planner.
4. I want it.
5. I've done it before and I can do it again.

The most important lesson here is to get used to positive self-talk.  I read somewhere that even if you use negatives in positive self-talk, such as "I am not lazy," your brain only hears, "I am lazy."  Not that I believe everything I read, but it sounded good - so I try to be careful to state things only in the positive.

Tomorrow I am going to reflect on the first 7 days, as well as some goals that I have been refusing to make up until now.

Have a great evening!
Miriam

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the new look of your blog, Miriam! : )

    Also, your positive attitude is so refreshing, and so addicting! Hope the rest of the week follows suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...5. I've done it before and I can do it again.

    I tell myself this one all the time!

    ReplyDelete