Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday - Whispers

Did anyone see Oprah's Life Class last night?  It was on listening to whispers before a pile of bricks needs to fall on you to get your attention.  Although every single one of her classes has produced an "Aha moment" for me this was the one that absolutely hit me on the head.  For weeks my body has been whispering:  "stretch and lose weight."  My ton of bricks was in the form of sending me to the doctor last week because I was afraid that I had a blood clot or that my implant had shifted.  I had been in so much pain and discomfort - not felt since about a month out of surgery.  All this time my body has been whispering:  "Stretch.  Lose weight."  Well, after last night's show I find that today I am fitting in stretches wherever I can.  For instance, when I get up for the bathroom I add a few stretches.  I am more committed than I have ever been to following a weight loss program.  I don't want the next ton of bricks to have the message - "Too late. This is how you will have to live." 

Breakfast:   WW Bagel and 2 wedges of LC cheese with tomato slices (4)
                  1/2 cup of coffee (1)
                  cactus pear (1)
 Lunch:        3 oz turkey, 2 slices WW bread, lettuce  (4)
                   salad w/2 tsp olive oil (2)
                  popcorn (1)
Snack:        Apple,string cheese, and almonds  (4)
Dinner:       Primavera sauce (3)
                 Butternut squash (2) and asparagus
Snack:       Skinny Cow Ice cream cone (3)
          By the way: JAN:  The truffle I've been having is an ice cream (like a whipped fudge bar) not their candy 
Total: (25)

Since I've joined a Thanksgiving challenge my weigh-in day will be Thursdays.  I'm actually looking forward to it!

Have a great day and listen to your whispers!
Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment