Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Shopping excursion

My husband and I took a drive out to see the new Wegman's supermarket - about 20 miles from our house but we wanted to see what the fuss is all about.  Personally, I wouldn't go there again.  It was so overwhelming and I didn't find the prices to be that great.  No only that, all their effort was put into the outside aisles - the fresh deli and meat counters, cheese counters, produce, etc. and I found the inside aisles with regular groceries to be very depressing and dark - just, in general, not a place I would ever shop even if it were in my own neighborhood.  After spending $89, however, we returned home with still nothing for dinner.  Then I went to our usual store, but I was so shopped out nothing appealed to me so the rest of the family is getting either left overs or grilled cheese sandwiches and I will have some lentil soup and maybe a tuna sandwich.... as I work out my points below I'll decide....

Breakfast:  WW bagel + 2 wedges of lite LC cheese   (4)
                 Coffee with 2 TBS cream (2 - and worth every Point!)
                 Tomato slices

Lunch:       6 ounces of chicken   (6)
                 2 large carrots (in desperate need of crunching!)
--- I ate this standing over the sink the minute we walked in from the grocery store.  I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around having an actual meal!  I figured it was smarter to grab some chicken than bread, snacks, or even fruit.  It held me well until dinner so it was a good choice after all.  :) 

Dinner:      4 ounces lean deli ham   (4)
                 4 slices WW rye bread  (2)
                 Sliced tomatoes, lettuce
,               Banana peppers
                Lentil soup  (4)
(Two sandwiches is what happens when no "real" dinner meal is planned.  I'll live.  :)  )

Snacks     2 fruits   (2)
                Skinny Cow chocolate truffle (1)

Total:  25
Best surprise today:  WW bagels are only TWO points on the old program :)

On the knee front:  I used the scooter today at Wegman's.  I never EVER could have walked it - and even at that, I am now resting, iced and elevated.  I really am so set back in my recovery I think sometimes (when I'm in a pity party mode) that I shall never catch up and be well.  I am just praying that a weight loss will make things better for me.

Miriam

1 comment:

  1. Yep typical Wegmans. I only shopped the outside isles there. We use to go there for dinner like a food court. Everyone got what they wanted/

    ReplyDelete