Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has sprung!


What a beautiful day here in New England - and, from what I gather, many other places.  I sent out a challenge to my buddies at Dotties Weight Loss Zone that starting today, for every day in Spring, we should do something - either for the delight of it, or to bring us closer to a goal.  I especially thank my friend Babs for posting this picture.  She has been particularly diligent about following the 100-Days Challenge.  She started out thinking that she would be at least a week behind me, but actually she is a week beyond me.  She has gone through many trials (literally) and tribulations recently and I congratulate her for not losing sight of her journey to better health.  Be sure to read her blog.  I especially love that she said today that she realizes that blogging is not an option - it's what keeps the issues at the forefront.  Bravo Babs - I'm on board with you there...

So I went to the Y tonight to work with the trainer.  What a doll.  Someone else wouldn't have given me a second thought - but he really put a lot of thought into how to work with me and to keep me part of the group.  But first - as soon as I walked in he handed me a YMCA water bottle.  I had won the prize for the largest weight loss the week before.  I told him no wonder he wants to keep me in the group!  We spent the time doing PT-type exercises - and I told him that I had come to the realization that is exactly what I need right now and it was funny that he was astute enough to get that himself.  Then, we talked about how I will approach the rest of the classes (I decided I will see the classes through to the end, and not make promises right now for the next session).  I told him that I think what was aggravating my knees so much was not the exercise regimen but rather the up and down from the floor. So, I will either do all standing exercises or all floor exercises while the other gals are up and down. 

I will still weigh in at WW at 5PM then cross the road to the Y for the class at 5:30, and just either skip meetings for the next 2 weeks (that's all that is left to the group) or sit in on a different meeting.  Then I can decide what to do. 

Seems I'm honing in on what to do about all of this.  FINALLY.

Miriam

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, Miriam....I am blushing! Thanks so much for the very kind remarks! And CONGRATULATIONS for being last week's Biggest Loser!!! How cool is that!?! You are also very lucky to have such a considerate trainer. Amazing, isn't it, how it all works out!

    I will go back to blogging tomorrow...I sometimes draw a blank with some of Linda's topics and today was one of them. How do you write about "when food disappoints you" when I had a delicious meal (spinach ravioli)?? Maybe I'll just skip that one....

    I love the idea of the "New Beginnings" Challenge! Glad the image fits so well, though as soon as I saw it, I knew it would. : )

    ReplyDelete