Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Back to "Do it Anyway"

Just a quick entry to say that my day was full of "do it anyways" - starting with today's Spring challenge and running straight to here where I sit.  My challenge today was to drink a glass of water before starting in with my preferred beverages.  I put it off as long as possible, until I couldn't stand not having my coffee with breakfast.  It was actually quite refreshing - I don't know why I am so resistant.

Oh wait - my day started with my new routine of going back to doing my PT exercises in bed before I get up, then I went on the bike for 10 minutes to warm up my legs, followed by stretching.  Then at lunch I wanted to sit outside for about 20 minutes in the sun (my body is robbed of Vitamin D no matter how many supplements I take - so I am hoping with the summer I can boost my counts with natural Vitamin D through sunshine) but then figured .. why should I sit? So I walked around a large city block THEN I sat in the sun reading my new favorite book: Jean Nidetch's autobiography.  For those of you who don't know - she was the founder of Weight Watchers - and hers is a fascinating story.

So all this was part of "do it anyway" but the big kicker was that I went to my biggest loser group.  I am NOT cut out for this underscored by the fact that it sucks getting old - my goodness, I got cramps in my toes from doing planks and even had to stop those... But I finished the hour (including a warm up before class started) and then I had already prepared my plate for dinner and ate as soon as I walked through the door.. well after I iced my knees!

So all in all, a good day, and a happy second day of Spring!

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment