Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Monday, March 19, 2012

A new day, a new week

So last week I wrote a nice note to the trainer explaining my decision to quit the group and to stick to some movement on my own.  So this morning I went to the Y and rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes,  and then this evening I made a declaration (to the leader and the group) that I would now be going to the Monday night WW meeting.

Got home from the meeting, all pleased with the decisions I had made over the weekend... and my phone is ringing.  It's the trainer.  He said that they still want me as part of the group - even just for the cardio (slow as it is) and any standing exercises so I wouldn't be up and down off the floor. And, he had spoken to the activities director and parlayed something else that I had paid for into 5, 1/2 hour personal training sessions with him.  He asked me to not give up yet, and that our workouts would be gentle and would give me the feeling that I had not given up and dropped everything (that feeling of not quitting is more important to me than any benefits I would get out of the exercising)

Have you EVER seen anyone see-saw as much as me (diet and exercise)?  I'm trying to look at it as a strength, not a weakness.  "Going with the flow" isn't the worst thing in the world - especially if you get somewhere with it - as long as it's not traveling backwards.

Sigh.... here's to a new day and a new week....

Miriam

1 comment:

  1. Your trainer is certainly seems supportive and understanding, Miriam. It doesn't sound like you're "going with the flow", as you are still going to participate at your own pace. Here's wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete