Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Those of us who are thin and those of us who are fat

Just a quick observation.  My husband and I were having football snacks yesterday that included a nice warm loaf of fresh pita bread.  When the hommos was gone there was a teeny-tiny piece of pita bread still left from the loaf.  He put it back in the bag.  I just looked at him and really thought about this.  I would have finished it just to finish it.  He's thin.  I'm fat.

Feeling a bit better.  I feel as though I have been punched in the abdomen - I think my body is still recovering from the assault it took on Friday.  I truly believe it was a medication side-effect, although my sister-in-law, who has been through it all, thinks it was a full-blown diverticulitis attack (as I have diverticulosis).  She thinks I should see the doctor even though the worst has passed.  I have a colonoscopy scheduled in a few weeks so I will just ask the doctor then.  Also, if it was a diverticulitis attack there will be remnant inflammation to compare to the last colonoscopy. 

However.... that being said... I promise I will see the doctor if I still feel beat up at the end of the week.

All I can say to myself is.... STEP AWAY FROM THE BREAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment