Welcome!

If you are new to Total Knee Replacement recovery I suggest that you read from the bottom up (starting July 2011). As I get further into recovery it becomes more about the new ME rather than the new KNEE! I hope you enjoy this blog and I welcome all your comments!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

uh oh.... hmmm....

I went to the seamstress yesterday and my dress doesn't have a millimeter to spare.  I can't afford to gain an ounce.  If I hold my own I'm fine, although I can barely breathe - but at least it can zip and still looks good.

Time for some creative work here - how do I watch what I eat but not diet?  I am committed to not dieting but I have to keep an eye on choices and quantity.  I am not going to count calories or Points, or even keep a running total in my head.  This will be a true test of listening to my body - if I listen and do not eat out of emotional hunger and keep my portions where they do not stuff me, I should do okay. 

I don't have the luxury this month of "experimenting" and I am committed to IE without dieting.. 


If you can't offer suggestions, at least please offer your prayers! lol

Miriam

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have really been neglecting my blog, and not checking out yours! Just got caught up. You know, Miriam, after reading the menu you posted in your last entry, I'd say just stick to that and you should have no problem. It's chock-full of healthy foods. Also walking should help - in Tuscany since everything is uphill, it should prove to be a great way to exercise! :) I will say Italian food does tend to be a bit on the caloric side, but they also have lots of fresh veggies and fruit. What was my downfall in Italy was that darn gelato - OMG I love that stuff! Anyway, you will only be wearing that dress one day, right? Be sure to take comfortable clothing for the rest of the time. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! I'll be in Santa Fe this weekend - it's a retirement celebration for a friend of mine. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete